Mrs Smitty and I organized an end of summer car camping trip with a few friends the last weekend of September.


We had a pretty good turn out… 8 families… 16 adults, 15 kids, and 1 dog. It was quite a group. There were even a few babies, the youngest one being 3-months old. There was less mid-night crying than one might expect.

The kids mostly did what kids do best… play in the dirt and get dirty.


One adventerous kiddo tried to develop a new way to ride a tricycle so hat he could eat dirt while he "rode".

The adults did boring adult stuff... like sit around the fire and talk... even where there wasn't a fire.

There were signs around the campground warning of the dangers of attracting bears by not storing food and trash properly. We did our best to follow the rules but it was comforting to know we had a trained guard dog in our party. I’m not sure but I think he might have some wolf in him… or maybe not.

On the way home Saturday some of us stopped at Lake Easton to play at the sandy beach in the day-use area. Some of the adults took turns paddling the canoe while the rest watched the kids. Unfortunately we didn’t get the camera out so have no pics of that part of the trip.
1 comment:
dude. you look like the creepy dude in the top photo. creepy. The rest of the pics are great though. Wish I was there to enjoy the festivities. When I get some kiddos, I better get the invite too.
Post a Comment