It's been a pretty cool and wet spring even by northwest standards, so when the forecast called for partly sunny and 65, I was determined to get outside. A few friends and I were recently talking about doing some kite flying at Gas Works Park, so I sent out an email to my usual cohorts. I got a few responses so it was on.
Gas Works Park is a defunct refinery that's been cleaned up and turned into a public space. There isn't a proper playground but there is a sand box, a grassy hill, old machinery, a picnic area, a beach, lots of grass, and a beautiful view of the Seattle skyline.
The little Smittys get bored of riding on the Big Dummy but their friends jump at the opportunity to ride on a family bike.
The wind was a bit gusty for consistent kite flying but we did manage to get the fairy kite up a couple times before we put it away for another day with better kite wind.
And of course no trip to a park with a grassy hill would be complete without rolling down the hill.
1 comment:
Love that pic of Emily with the kite. Awesome.
Post a Comment