Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hat Season Forever

I've always had a secret jealousy/resentment towards people who can knit. It's such a practical and creative medium. And I like that it doesn't require lots of equipment or space, so It's accessible to nearly anyone. I also like that there are so many things to do with knitting that there's always some new aspect of it to explore/learn. That said, I've never tried my hand at it... I have enough projects going to last a while.

My friend Megan (John Henry's mom) is a very good knitter. Today she brought a knitted hat she made to our playgroup. She explained to me that it was just a knitted square with one side folded in half and seamed together to make a hat shape. It looked like there was more to it than that though. Several of the kids tried it on, and regardless of how it's made it was universally cute on all of them. Here's a pic of Mojave wearing it.

Megan sells her knitted wares on her etsy site. The proceeds go to a good cause, check it out.

2 comments:

Taylor said...

you fixed it. you are now a blogger expert. Now if you would just turn off the damn captcha (unless, of course, you are getting a lot of spam comments). I can never enter in the correct letters on the first try.

Nicki said...

oh! I just want to EAT HIM! He's so CUTE!