A couple weeks ago I casually mentioned that I was thinking to put a tire swing in the yard and was keeping my eye out for a discarded tire. Yesterday afternoon, Bob showed up at my front door with a chihuaha in one arm and an old steel belted radial in the other. After a trip to the hardware store and a little digging in my rope box in the garage we had a new toy in the yard. Anza was hesitant to get on at first, but once she was on she just wanted me to keep pushing her.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
It's A Steel Belted Life
We have this neighbor... Bob. He's your typical sweet old man across the street who will happily loan you his extension ladder or start a conversation with a line like "That reminds me of the time I had to go before the Judge for shooting a man..."
A couple weeks ago I casually mentioned that I was thinking to put a tire swing in the yard and was keeping my eye out for a discarded tire. Yesterday afternoon, Bob showed up at my front door with a chihuaha in one arm and an old steel belted radial in the other. After a trip to the hardware store and a little digging in my rope box in the garage we had a new toy in the yard. Anza was hesitant to get on at first, but once she was on she just wanted me to keep pushing her.
A couple weeks ago I casually mentioned that I was thinking to put a tire swing in the yard and was keeping my eye out for a discarded tire. Yesterday afternoon, Bob showed up at my front door with a chihuaha in one arm and an old steel belted radial in the other. After a trip to the hardware store and a little digging in my rope box in the garage we had a new toy in the yard. Anza was hesitant to get on at first, but once she was on she just wanted me to keep pushing her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sweet! Now I'm even more jeallous of your yard. I wonder if I could trick Apollo into giving the tire swing a try?
That's really cool! Tire swings are the best!
LOL!! We have a "Bob" only ours is named Jim. I wonder if I have somewhere in our yard for a tire swing for the Madster...
You gotta love old neighbors and their willingness to do lost of nice things. =)
Post a Comment