Friday, April 10, 2009

Cougar Schmougar

My buddy Shawn and I took the kiddos to Cougar Mountain Wildland Park this morning. We were hoping to see some cool mining artifacts, but Anza wasn’t very into the hiking scene today so we cut it short. We did get far enough to see remnants of a couple mines, the last crumbling boards of a dam, and a small waterfall. Despite the fussy kiddo, cool temps and a little bit of drizzle we had a great time.

3 comments:

Nicki said...

Dude. Those pics are pretty, but I fear Mojave may be turning into a thug gansta with his tilted brim. You should watch that.

Kim said...

What a beautiful place. The kids are too cute.

Lefty said...

Geoff and I've been taking the girls on little hikes (getting them warmed up and used to it) every Saturday morning for the past few weeks. We've only been on the trails of Carkeek Park, so far. Now that their attention spans are increasing for this activity, I think we will have to do this one next--that last shot is amazing. ...It reminds me of a photo mural I had that took up one of my bedroom walls (the whole wall--my parents were great about that) when I was a teenager.