First is the wagon. In case you’ve never priced them, wagons are expensive. The fancy brand name ones are in the neighborhood of $200. Most of the decent ones are over $100. We found a gently used Radio Flyer model 18 (it’s the basic/classic red wagon) on Craig’s List for $25, so we jumped on it. Problem was that the kids would fall out of it on any sort of incline or turn. I decided to make sides for it. I salvaged some lumber and hardware left over from previous projects. It’s not as pretty as it could be but is quite functional. We took it out for a test-drive today. I loaded up the kids and tooled around the neighborhood for about 40 minutes without anyone falling out. It’s way more of a workout puling that thing than I imagined. Mojave especially seemed to love it.
The other thing I want to mention is this sail I’m working on. It’s pretty heavy. It’s especially thick where the tack webbings are sewn on. Fortunately I’m cutting it down and am removing the thickest part because I don’t think it would even fit under the presser foot of my machine.
2 comments:
Ooooh, I am so stealing your idea with the wagon. We have a wagon we found at a garage sale that needs more support on the sides to keep Apollo from falling out- good idea!
We may have to have a wagon party. I want one now.
Post a Comment