Anza was the sole beneficiary of our REI dividend this year. We got her a new hydration bladder (it fits perfectly into her backpack) and a sleeping bag. Outside of REI Anza found a large drain spout. I think it was a downspout from the roof. She has recently discovered that if she speaks into certain objects, sometimes there’s an echo. For some reason she tried shouting into the drain. I tried to herd her along but she wouldn’t budge. Suddenly the playground that was next on our agenda had no allure. I decided to give the drain a try. I crouched down, stuck my face in the opening (it was about a foot in diameter) and gave a shout. The sound was fantastic. I understood why Anza was hesitant to move on too quickly. Not only was the delay of the echo impressively long but also the spacious acoustical quality of the sound was really cool. Anza and I sat there for probably close to 10 minutes taking turns speaking, shouting, whooping, screaming, and making all sorts of fun noises into that drain.
Anza in her new mummy bag.
Lastly, after the kids went to bed this evening I noticed these cars. I’m not sure what Anza was planning to do with them all lined up like this but I can't help but imagine that she had something in store for them when she was wisked away to bed. I often wonder what her thought processes are.
3 comments:
I'm almost sure she was staging her Baja 1000 right there.
You're BUILDING a guitar?? How freaking cool is that! You never cease to impress me.
I love the picture of the cars. That turned out great. Love the mummy bag too. I'm not telling Abbey. She'll be too jealous that Anza has such great stuff.
Post a Comment